Curtin University is inviting applications for RTP Stipend Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded to both Australian and international students on the basis of merit.
Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarships are funded by the Australian government and awarded to students of exceptional research potential undertaking a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) to assist with general living costs.
Curtin University is an Australian public research university based in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia and is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students (as of 2016).
Deadline: March 30, 2019
University Of Study: Curtin University
Scholarship Sponsor: Australian government
Place Of Study: Australia
Level Of Study: These scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Stipend: Curtin University will administer to each Recipient an annual stipend equivalent to the base full-time RTP Stipend rate published by the Department of Education and Training for the relevant year of the award. These scholarships are awarded in the field of Humanities and will cover $27,082.00 per annum for 3 years (2018 RTP rate).
Tuition Fee Offset Scholarship: International applicants awarded an RTP Stipend Scholarship will be provided Curtin-funded tuition fee offset scholarship to assist with tuition fee liability.
Period of Support: Recipients are entitled to three years full-time equivalent study if undertaking an eligible Research Doctorate. The duration of the Scholarship will be reduced by any period of study undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the Scholarship.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the faculty of Health Sciences, Curtin Business School, Science & Engineering, Humanities and Centre for Aboriginal Studies.
To be eligible for an RTP Stipend Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in science or education at a high level (honours) of academic achievement;
- Demonstrate an aptitude for research through their analytical skills and creative thinking;
- Be able to work in a team setting and take responsibility for their individual tasks;
- Be experienced in the use of digital technology and software packages;
- Possess excellent spoken and written communications skills that may be evidenced, for example, through their undergraduate thesis/project work and presentations given; and
- Practise well-developed time- and self-management skills with strong personal discipline and drive in their work.
Nationality: Australian and international students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applications must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet and provide official evidence of English language proficiency on or by the application closing date. Applicants who do not meet English by the application closing date will not be considered for a scholarship.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who have not yet applied for course admission may submit an online e-application for course admission and a scholarship.